Monday, May 6, 2013

It's Time for the Vet Again!

It was that time of the year when the dogs needed to go for their annual check ups and get their shots. 
 
Roxy's vet appointment was first.  We take her to Brush Run Vet in McMurray, PA.  It is only about 10 minutes from our house.  We love them.  They are super nice there and generally pretty quick there.  We went in for our appointment and had to wait about 20 minutes, which is the longest we have ever had to wait, but not bad.  Roxy was so good. 
 
 
With 4 cats and a whining lab sitting next to her, have you ever seen a more relaxed dog?
 
She weighed in at 72 pounds!  I did a double take and re-weighed her just to make sure.  Yup, 72 pounds!  The vet said she is at the perfect weight and to keep her here.  He also said that her teeth were beautiful (thanks to my brushing) and that her ears were nice and clean (again, from my awesome cleanings after baths).  She left with a clean bill of health.
 
 
We came home and Roxy figured it was her time to sprawl out.

 
I see a common theme with how she likes to sleep.  What a lady.
 
Ferd's vet appointment was next.  He needed his shots and annual check up, but I also wanted them to re-look at his acne on his feet and see if they can battle him to cut his nails.  He loves going to the vet.  We had a beautiful 50 minute trip to the vet. 
 
 
While stopped at a red light in the Squirrel Hills, you could tell he loved people watching!  What a stud. 
 
He weighed in at 76 pounds!  Not nearly as heavy as I thought that he weighed.  They gave him a clean bill of health and also complimented his beautiful teeth and ears.  As for his feet, they basically said that as long as his allergies are going on, he will have to take medicine. 
 
They gave me more wipes for his feet, along with his pills, and he loves the wipes.  Every time he comes in the house he wants his feet cleaned.  What a diva!
 
Before we left, they went to cut his nails.  It took 3 of us to hold him down to cut them.  He never tried to bite or anything, he just made the loudest gremlin sound ever and tried to jump off the table.  He's such a butthead. 
 
He made it the whole time without marking in the vet's office.  As we were walking out the door, I congratulated him on not peeing, and as soon as the words came out of my mouth, he marked their front door.  I turned to tell them and heard laughter, they said I had jinxed it.
 
 
After the vet, Ferd was so happy to be going home.

 
I looked back to the backseat to check on Ferd and had to look again.  Can you find him?
 
 
Ferdinand wanted to relax after his vet trip.
 


 When he is tired, he is tired!
 
After resting, he decided he was up for a long day of play outside.  After only 40 minutes outside, this is what Ferd and Roxy wanted to do.
 
 
Such sleepy puppies.
 
They literally slept all day!  When it came time for dinner, Ferd wanted nothing to do with eating, which is totally not like him.  So, I decided that I was going to see if he would eat if I fed him from my hand.


 
What a big effing baby!
 
Before I went to go to bed, I was going to throw our laundry basket downstairs and this is what I found.
 
 
Doakes was not moving, so I just left her there in the basket.  What a B!
 
Over the weekend, I coached at a field hockey tournament in Pine Richland.  It was a blast, but I was exhausted afterwards. 
 
I came home and just wanted to relax on the couch.  Apparently, Ferd had a long day too. 
 
 
I think he also knew the baby was tired and fussy (since he'd been kicking me all day), and he wanted to give him a calming hand.
 
 
When Roxy saw Ferdinand sharing the love, she wanted in on the action.

 
This morning, I couldn't find Ferdinand.  Finally, I found him patiently waiting for our least agile cat to fall while she was hunting a stink bug.  Priceless!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment